Cuts are all the rage in legal education. During the past few years, we have seen many types of cuts—
- cuts to entering class size (e.g., here, here, and here);
- cuts to faculty and staff (e.g., here, here, and here);
- cuts to tuition (e.g., here, here, and here);
- cut of one law school with two campuses into two independent law schools (here); and most recently,
- cut of one campus of a multi-campus law school (here).
About the only type of cut still remaining to be made is the cut of an entire law school. And given the financial troubles of some law schools, that cut may not be far off.